xdi message

Subject: The simple realization that & is a context symbol

Joseph et al:

Don't ask me why, but when waking up this morning from jet lag in London, I was thinking about how to best explain the XDI context symbols and suddenly realized that I had never included & as a context symbol.

That might sound strange, since & as a context symbol cannot be followed by any other character, i.e., it always stands alone as the terminal context representing a literal value.

But it is still:
So it seems that we must include it in our list of context symbols, meaning we actually have 8 context symbols and not 7.

Does everyone agree?

If so, Joseph, I think we should reflect that in any text or table we have in the XDI Core spec summarizing context symbols.

=Drummond

Inline image 3