xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] XDI graph editor v2

xdi.js should probably have this feature, i.e. to determine the type of a context node (root, entity, attribute, etc...)

XDI2 has all this, but xdi.js currently doesn't.
So if you're planning to work on this, maybe consider trying to work on a patch for xdi.js, rather than building it all into the graph editor!

Oh can I also submit a feature request? :)

I think it would be very useful if the other XDI tools (Messenger, Discoverer, etc.) could pass data into the graph editor, so it is displayed automatically. Not sure what would be the best way to do that though. The problem with HTTP POST is that the graph editor doesn't have a back-end. The problem with HTTP GET is that we could only pass small graphs.

How about this: We could pass a URI via HTTP GET to the graph editor, and it simply downloads a graph in a text file from that URI, and automatically displays that graph?

Markus