xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] XDI collection as attribute

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Le Van Gong, Hubert <Hubert.LeVanGong@neustar.biz> wrote:
Andy recently mentioned a bug in the XDI graph editor where collections are not represented using a diamond (attribute).

As I'm trying to determine the appropriate pattern for collections, I started reading the XDI ABNF and came up with some questions: what type of collections *must* be represented as an attribute?
For instance, should we represent an authority-collection (i.e. a person-collection or a legal-collection) as an attribute?

Hubert, there are only two types of collections: entity collections and attribute collections. Authorities (persons, legal, general) are just subtypes of entities. The existing ABNF may not make that clear enough, which leads us to...

Also, can someone confirm https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiAbnf is up to date?

It's not. I just put the most recent top-level ABNF at the top of the ABNF Discussion page. Hopefully this makes it much clearer that there are only entity collections and attribute collections. The former should be represented in the visual graph notation as filled circles; the latter as filled diamonds.

Thanks,

=Drummond