OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xdi message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2014-10-31

XDI TC Minutes

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 31 October 2014 USA
Time:  09:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)


Peter Davis
Amanda Navarro
Hubert Le Van Gong
Drummond Reed
Markus Sabadello
Joseph Boyle



Phil Windley
Dan Blum


Report from IIW

Several XDI TC members were at IIW to present demos, other sessions, and an XDI hackathon.


Report from XDI editors subcommittee



The Editors had a short call this morning, just to talk about Internet Identity Workshop and Jira issues.

Glossary Discussion

We talked again about the subject of a common glossary for the XDI spec suite. Peter described two options:

  1. A common glossary that is used across all the specs. In this case all of the specs would inherit the one canonical definition.

  2. The second approach is a glossary in each spec.

We agreed on the following approach:

  1. Each spec will have a glossary in the front-matter of the document that will define the terms used in that document.

  2. Any spec term that has an official definition in a specific spec will reference that spec.

ACTION ITEM—DRUMMOND: Write this glossary approach on the XDI One Specs page.

Drummond then explained the glossary terms related to the XDI graph model and XDI addressing that he and Joseph developed. The key terms were related to XDI addressing:

Markus started this wiki page based on glossary terms from Dan’s XDI Policy and XDI Connections specs:


ABNF, XDI Cross-References and Recursion Discussion

Joseph and Drummond have worked on the XDI ABNF:


We discussed the “xdi-address”, “rooted-address”, and “common-address” rules, as well as the “entity-part”, “entity-unit”, “attr-part”, and “attr-unit” rules. We recalled that previously we had “entity” and “attribute” rules.

Markus considered an example of the “literal-statement” rule:





We also discussed a topic that Joseph and Drummond had sent to the list, which was whether we need to continue to allow XDI addresses to recurse inside cross-references, and what amount of load this would add to an XDI parser implementation.

We considered the example of an address #(#house#boat), in which a “common-address” rather than just an “xdi-name” would be used inside an “xref”.

We had consensus that most likely we would not need to support nested cross references.

Next Steps on ABNF and XDI Core

Joseph will develop a proposal for the balance of the ABNF that will add the character-level detail.

Drummond will do a first draft of a new section of Core called XDI Addressing.

XDI Policy and Connections

We decided to further discuss this topic when Dan can join us.

Transactional integrity

We did not have time to discuss this topic.


The next call is next week at the regular time.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]