xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2013-05-03

XDI TC Minutes

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 3 April 2015 USA
Time:  09:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

ATTENDING

Drummond Reed
Les Chasen
Peter Davis
Joseph Boyle

REGRETS

Markus Sabadello
Phil Windley

Review of the XDI Core Spec

Drummond uploaded a new version of the draft sections of XDI Core 1.0, which incorporates revisions from Markus and the last TC call:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xdi/document.php?document_id=55391

You can see where this fits in the full outline of XDI Core 1.0:

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/CoreSpecOutline

Drummond explained that due to a larger non-XDI workload than he anticipated, he was not able to make the progress he hoped this past week. He did hold a call with Joseph to parse out work for the remaining sections.

Joseph reported that, while he had done some work in incorporating the new content into the Core DocBook file, he had not gone far enough to upload a new DocBook version.

We discussed the best way to proceed for the F2F meeting at Internet Identity Workshop. We agreed that Drummond and Joseph will each advance their sections as far as possible by the meeting, and then we’ll look at where we are then.

XDI Messaging and Bindings

Markus is still working on XDI Messaging 1.0 WD03 and XDI Bindings 1.0 WD03, and at this point invites everyone to take a look at the current versions:

http://xdi.org/xdi-spec-docbook/xdi/xdi-messaging-1.0/xdi-messaging-1.0-wd03.xml

http://xdi.org/xdi-spec-docbook/xdi/xdi-bindings-1.0/xdi-bindings-1.0-wd03.xml

Since Markus was not able to attend the call (due to giving a talk on XDI and RDF at a conference), we briefly reviewed the drafts he had posted. Everyone was pleased with the progress. Markus’ goal is to finish and publish the two WD03s before IIW next week, so part of our agenda for the Internet Identity Workshop meeting should be to review the state of both of these specs as well.

IIW next week

We briefly discussed plans for IIW sessions. Markus, Phil, Joseph, Les and Drummond all plan to attend. Peter plans to attend the TC meeting remotely.

With two hours reserved for the TC meeting on Wednesday the 8th (from 3:30-5:30PM PT), we agreed the first hour should be open discussion/demos aimed primarily at other IIW attendees, and the second hour should be an official TC meeting in which any other attendees are guests. We agreed it was doubtful we would be ready for a Committee Specification Draft vote for XDI Core 1.0 because of the amount of content still remaining (and the time it would take TC members to review it), but that we should have a good discussion about the overall stability and how much work remains to advance Core, Messaging, and Bindings to Committee Specification Drafts.

NEXT CALL

The next call is the F2F meeting on Wednesday April  8 from 3:30-5:30PM PT. The first hour wil be an informal conversation and the second hour will be the formal TC meeting.

We will NOT hold the regular Friday meeting next week. The next regular meeting will be 9-10:30AM PT on Friday April 17.