xdi message

Subject: Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Monday 10:00 - 11:30AM PT 2015-08-24

XDI TC Agenda

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC held on:

Date: Monday, 24 August 2015 USA
Time: 10:00AM - 11:30AM Pacific Time (17:00-18:30 UTC)

The TC operates under a standing rule approved 17 July 2008 under which the TC does not hold regular official meetings and conducts all business by electronic ballot only. Unofficial weekly meetings are held to enable discussion among members but no business is conducted nor actions taken.

THE LINK TO THIS AGENDA AND LIVE MEETING NOTES IS:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t5Mx0ITqJdLwo8wM5GD9lcqehgbgnrhk-k2sERwc7J0/edit

Link to join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android:

https://zoom.us/j/925461490

Or join by phone:

   +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)

   Meeting ID: 925 461 490

   International numbers available:

https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=9Lut7KQe_7FL6dRPEpvRh6OJU7UFyFPN

IRC Channel: irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/xdi

AGENDA

Relativity Symbol

Christopher Allen posted this change request to change the relativity symbol from underscore to tilde. So far the response from TC members has been uniformly in favor. We will check to be sure we have consensus.

XDI Core ABNF Issue: Nested Variables

We need to discuss the format of variables that contain a variable. These are needed for templates. Example link contract template:

+respect#full{$do}/$all/

(+respect#full{$do}$if/$true$and){$msg}<$sig><$valid>/&/$true

(+respect#full{$do}$if/$true$and){{$from}}/$is/{$from}

Markus has been experimenting with {$_from} instead of {{$from}}.

XDI Core Spec Drafting Update

This week is “XDI Core 1.0 Immersion Week”. We will review Drummond’s first update to the XDI Core 1.0 draft:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=56341&wg_abbrev=xdi

This draft contains revisions to all the sections up through the Definitions section that reflect the reclassification of = and + identifiers as XDI instances. It also includes new versions of the peer root and inner root conceptual diagrams.

Schedule for XDI Core Immersion Week

We will hold special XDI TC telecons at 10AM PT Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. The schedule Drummond proposes:

Messaging Walkthrough and XDI Channels

We will continue Markus’ “messaging walkthrough” and a variation of this flow called “change of address walkthrough” so that Markus can raise questions and issues he is running across. See:

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/MessagingWalkthrough

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/ChangeOfAddressWalkthrough

SPECIAL CALLS THIS WEEK

This is XDI Core Immersion week, so we will hold a special call at 10AM PT. Logistics:

Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/146396591

Or join by phone:

   +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)

   Meeting ID: 146 396 591

   International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Q1SIPjUUAWsAtR_0Lmycrk3Ja5cqdVFx

NEXT REGULAR CALL

The next call is next week at the usual time (Monday 10AM PT). The link to where agenda items can be posted for the next meeting is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oDl0lbb56Grehx2a5flZnhrgnua5l8cVvC_dJ8fTXk/edit?usp=sharing