xdi message

Subject: XDI TC Unofficial Telecon Notes: Monday 2016-06-13

XDI TC Notes

Following are the notes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC held on:

Date: Monday, 13 June 2016 USA
Time: 10:00AM - 11:30AM Pacific Time (17:00-18:30 UTC)

The TC operates under a standing rule approved 17 July 2008 under which the TC does not hold regular official meetings and conducts all business by electronic ballot only. Unofficial weekly meetings are held to enable discussion among members but no business is conducted nor actions taken.

ATTENDING

Markus Sabadello
Les Chasen
Drummond Reed
Phil Windley
Joseph Boyle

Update on Recent Identity Conferences

Since we last met, a number of identity and decentralized data conferences have taken place:

Notes about ID2020:

Notes about CIS:

Notes about the Decentralized Web Summit:

JSON-XD

We discussed JSON-XD, a developer-friendly mapping of XDI into JSON inspired by the RDF-based JSON-LD format:

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/JsonXdiMapping

Markus has worked on an experimental implementation of JSON-XD:

https://server.xdi2.org/XDIConverter?sample=8

We talked about the actual format options (shown as Option #1 and Option #2 on the JSON-XD wiki page)

Joseph felt that it would be ideal to establish maximum compatibility with the JSON-LD format.

#ACTION ITEM: MARKUS to update JSON-XD wiki page.

#ACTION ITEM: DRUMMOND to contact Manu Sporny for input about JSON-XD.

NEXT REGULAR CALL

The next call will be the following week at the usual time (Monday 10AM PT). The link to where agenda items can be posted for the next meeting is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oDl0lbb56Grehx2a5flZnhrgnua5l8cVvC_dJ8fTXk/edit?usp=sharing