xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Announcing support for use of Git/GitHub public repositories for TC work

Looks good. We currently have several repositories in our Github account:
https://github.com/OASIS-XDI-Technical-Committee/

I guess we could either
- move our "main" one with the spec work to an official OASIS Github repo, or
- merge all our current repos into a single official OASIS Github repo

It looks like the process to create this needs to be documented in the TC's meeting notes, but otherwise looks simple enough.

Markus

On 08/08/2016 09:04 AM, =Drummond Reed wrote:
See this message from Robin Cover. This is a great step that can help us in our spec generation work.

=Drummond

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>
Date: Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM
To: OASIS Chairs List <chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>

In response to a growing number of member requests, OASIS Staff is now providing support for use of GitHub public repositories by TCs that need dedicated version control.  Use of Git/GitHub will be supported in addition to, or in place of, a TC's Subversion (SVN) repository.

These GitHub repositories for TC work will be configured using the GitHub default (simple) setup options that enable GitHub issues and the GitHub Wiki.

The new offering is distinct from OASIS Open Repositories [5], which also use Git/GitHub, but are governed by open source licensing and separate contribution rules.  The GitHub repositories for TC Members' chartered work are governed by the familiar OASIS policies which govern use of other TC collaboration tools, including a TC Wiki, a TC Subversion repository, a TC JIRA Issues Tracker, and a TC Kavi document repository  (OASIS IPR Policy, TC Process etc.)

References are provided below for the online request form and related documentation.

Staff hereby extends a note of appreciation to the TAB, OASIS Board, and several TC Chairs who provided encouragement and feedback on rollout of this additional collaboration tool.

Please send comments or questions to Robin Cover and Chet Ensign, via email at: robin@oasis-open.org (and) chet.ensign@oasis-open.org