xdi message

Subject: IMPORTANT: XDI TC REGULAR WEEKLY CALL TIME MOVING TO THURSDAYS AT NOON PACIFIC TIME / 19:00 UTC

Just to make sure everyone sees the update from today's minutes, we have moved the regular weekly call time to a better time for Markus.

Nothing else has changed—we will still keep the same Zoom Room and agenda & notes pages.

Please update your calendars.

Thanks,

=Drummond

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 12:34 PM, Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello@xdi.org> wrote:

XDI TC Notes

Following are the notes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC held on:

Date: Monday, 7 May 2018 USA
Time: 9:00AM - 10:00AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:00 UTC)

The TC operates under a standing rule approved 17 July 2008 under which the TC does not hold regular official meetings and conducts all business by electronic ballot only. Unofficial weekly meetings are held to enable discussion among members but no business is conducted nor actions taken.

ATTENDING

Markus Sabadello
Drummond Reed
Phil Windley

NOTES

XDI and Verifiable Credentials

For Rebooting-the-Web-of-Trust #4, Markus wrote a topic paper on "XDI Verifiable Claims and Link Contracts". Let's review some of these patterns:

https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rebooting-the-web-of-trust-spring2017/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/xdi-verifiable-claims-link-contracts.md

Markus explained that he is working on a proof-of-concept that uses Sovrin and XDI for registering DIDs and for exchange of verifiable credentials. Being able to express verifiable credentials in XDI has the advantage that they can be integrated with XDI messaging and link contracts.

We had a discussion how this relates to other efforts in the self-sovereign identity space, such as the Sovrin protocol, the W3C's Credential Handler API, DIF hubs, etc.

Drummond said he sees potential for XDI to be used in agent-to-agent communication, especially for human text-based messaging.

New XDI TC Call Time!

We decided to move the XDI TC call to Thursdays at noon Pacific Time.

NEXT REGULAR CALL

The next call will be next week (May 17th 2018) at the NEW time (Thursday noon PT). The link where agenda items can be posted for the next meeting is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19oDl0lbb56Grehx2a5flZnhrgnua5l8cVvC_dJ8fTXk/edit?usp=sharing