Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] Purpose of name attribute for <context-group>

Jan-Arve,

Actually, bullet point (A) is correct.

A) Each <context-group> element must have a unique name. You can't have two

<context-group> XML elements within the same <file> with the same 'name'
attribute.

The specification reads, "The optional name attribute may uniquely identify
the <context-group> within the file." When referring to 'file', the
reference is to the <file> element.

Most of the uniqueness constraints mentioned in the specification must be
unique within the <file> element.

Regards,

Doug Domeny

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan-Arve Sæther [mailto:jasaethe@trolltech.com]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 11:01 AM
To: xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

This issue have already been raised on this list earlier
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200504/msg00000.html),
but I did not find any answers in the archives.

I am wondering on the same thing, and I am interpreting the
specification as what he
mentions in bullet point B).

Regards,

--
Jan- Arve Sæther  -  jasaethe [at] trolltech [dot] com
Trolltech AS -  Sandakerveien 116 - PO Box 4332 Nydalen - 0402 Oslo, Norway

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required
before posting.

Subscribe: xliff-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org