Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 1.2 Errata: datatype

Let me echo Bryan's comments. Asgeir, your input and observations are
most welcome. I greatly appreciate any errors you share with the TC so
they can be fixed. This only makes the standard and schema more
valuable.

Fortunately, errors, such as you pointed out in the schema, can be
easily published in errata and fixed by the person using the schema as
well as by the TC.

The schemas with state-qualifier removed are attached for your review.

Regards,
Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com
[mailto:bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 8:15 PM
To: asgeirf@gmail.com; xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Asgeir,

You've been a steady and reliable resource for the XLIFF Technical
Committee to draw upon for quite a while, and we are grateful for any
input you have.  I hope nobody has given you reason to think otherwise.

Our strategy for responding to your very useful comments is to give the
TC members a bit of time to consider the issue, discuss it on the
xliff-tc list if necessary, determine the urgency of your comment (to
what degree does it cause a substantive change), and then to make a
decision about what action to take.

As you know, some of the issues you've raised have been so important
that we've halted the process, and reverted back to Committee Draft.
And some of the issues we've deemed small enough that they can be put on
the 2.0 list, but not cause us to restart.

As for the comment you made earlier today, and this comment, we are in
the process of determining what action to take.  Pending the discussion
on the xliff-tc list, we will consider your comments and get back to you
with a response on this list (xliff-comment).

So even though, as you yourself have characterized these as "primarily
small issues that needs to be addressed in the move to 2.0," they are
none-the-less very valuable, and appreciated by the TC.

Again, thank you Asgeir for your continued help at making our standard
better.  As you say, "no standard is perfect," but your comments help us
to improve ours.

Thanks,

Bryan