Subject: RE: [TMX Implementation] Note on TMX and XLIFF in-line codes

Hi Arle,

I'm glad to read all this.

I'm not sure if I understand yet how the possible <i-tag> would work, but a single element seems to correspond to what I was
thinking of back in may-2007 when reviewing the 2.0 initial draft http://lists.lisa-open.org/archives/tmx_imp/200705/msg00000.html.

I certainly hope TMX and XLIFF will be able to share a single mechanism.

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to see Rodolfo's proposal.

Cheers,
-yves

-----Original Message-----
From: Arle Lommel [mailto:arle.lommel.lisa@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Arle Lommel
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 6:36 AM
To: Yves Savourel; xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org; tmx_imp@lists.lisa-open.org
Cc: Tony Jewtushenko; Rodolfo M. Raya; michael anobile

Hi Yves,

We are actually discussing this very topic.

Although not yet reflected in to the public draft of TMX 2.0, we have dramatically overhauled and simplified the metamarkup
structure of TMX.
Whether it will pass remains to be seen, but it is nonetheless a major overhaul. The XLIFF TC has expressed interested in seeing the
proposed changes to see if we can unify them with XLIFF.

<it>) with a single tag, <i-tag>, that has a set of attributes associated with it. Because some TM tools store markup and others
store only placeholders for markup, the <i-tag> element can have content (encapsulated metamarkup) or can be left empty if a tool
has no content to supply. (We need the two possibilities to support the needs of various tools as best as possible.)

My understanding is that the XLIFF committee is waiting to see the concrete proposal (Rodolfo is finalizing the schema now) and will
then comment on it and we will work to unify our efforts. As soon as the schema for TMX is updated and we've had a chance to discuss
things in OSCAR we will make a new TMX draft available. I'll make sure you get it at that point since we'd like your feedback as
well.

Thanks,

Arle