Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] Formats other than xml

Oh, I think I mis-understood the question.

You meant: XLIFF as an non-XML format (rather than supporting non-XML input).

For example an XLIFF in JSON for instance.

At the very early stage yes, XML was not necessarily the only option to create XLIFF, but after that no: XML has been working fine as far as I can tell.

What kind of XML-related issues are you finding that could be solve with JSON but not XML?

-ys

From: Bradley, Brandon [mailto:Brandon.Bradley@Pearson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 11:48 AM
To: xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff-comment] Formats other than xml

Has there been any consideration of supporting other data formats for the xliff data structure besides xml? For example a json object? I’ve done some preliminary conversion of some of my sample files, and it seems to port with no real issues, but currently the official specification is locked to xml which has issues round-tipping to and from some systems, especially in regards to html formatted text.

 Brandon Bradley