Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] RE: Feedback from OpenTM2 XLIFF interoperability enhancements

Hi Andrew,

> One more issue.  Another problem I faced is, how to
> interpret the states a trans-unit may be in.
> The two relevant attributes are, the translate attribute
> of a trans-unit, and the state attribute of the target.

We had a start of discussion about this here: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201104/msg00058.html

As for which attribute of 1.2 would be involved in the state of the translation I would think of 'state' in <target> and 'approved' in <trans-unit>.

In 2.0 we certainly want something well-defined. But it will be difficult to reach a good solution as the workflow vary widely from system to system, and so does the meaning each system put behind terms like 'edit', 'review', etc.

Cheers,
-ys