Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 2.0 Comments - B.1.3.7 subtype processing requirements

I tend to agree.

From: Ryan King [mailto:ryanki@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:19 AM
To: Yves Savourel; xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

All of the sub properties already have the a similar PR to the following:

·        If the attribute subtype is used, the attribute type must be specified as well.

So if your statement  “I think this PR comes from the constraint that you should not have a subtype without a type, therefore the subtype is linked to the type (it complements it).” applies to subType in <mtc:matches> shouldn’t it also apply to all sub attributes: 2.3.1.34 subType, 2.3.1.35 subState, D.1.2.2 subFs? I think it should be all or nothing to avoid confusion, or maybe just the PR noted above is enough to show the relationship?

Ryan