Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 2.0 Comments - Ignorable

From: Yves Savourel [mailto:yves@opentag.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:22 AM
To: Ryan King; xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Yes, I suppose non-translatable text could be there too.

But maybe it would be better off in a segment set to translate=’no’.

I would tend to see ignorable used to store codes and whitespaces.

One also has to be careful with some languages where spaces between sentences is modified.

The ignorable element can have source and target, but it may be easier to deal with those within the segment.

I guess XLIFF has to offer support for the various cases.

-ys