Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] Resolution for the public review comments on "Processing Requirements for XML PIs"

Yves,

As I said below, I agree with your technical comments. But one aspect I will need to bring up at the meeting today:

> There is no provision that address the 3 comments of the ballot
> that indicates PIs should not be allowed inside source and target
> content. Note that 2.0 does not allow extensions there currently.

At this moment if I were to add text that PIs should not be allowed inside source and target the only justification I could point to would be three comments on a ballot. This does not amount (yet) to TC consensus. One might argue that PIs are used for purposes other than extensions.

Nonetheless, personally I am in agreement with you, and my perception is that the TC would also agree (to add the " should not be allowed inside source and target " restriction).

So I will try today to formalize TC consensus in a roll call vote today.

Thanks,

Bryan