Subject: csprd02 comment - subState and state='initial'

Hi all,

For the subState attribute we have the constraint:

"If the attribute subState is used, the attribute state MUST be specified as well."

But state has a default value ('initial').

So if a subState value is designed to work with the 'initial' state, is it still mandatory to explicitly specify state? That seems
strange as <segment subState='my:value'> and <segment state='initial' subState='my:value'> would be equivalent.

If such declaration is not needed, then the constraint need to be re-worded.

But event re-wording the constraint wouldn't take away its strangeness: Since there is always a value for state, why do we need that
constraint at all? It is already guaranteed that subState will never exist without a state value.

Regards,
-yves