Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] New value for datatype: reqif

Hello Gerhard,

The XLIFF TC took this matter up at the most recent TC meeting. This is our recommendation.

Since your request is for XLIFF 1.2 we suggest you make use of the “x-“ attribute list extensibility option. In this case for datatype you would enter “x-reqif.”

It is worth noting that this extensibility option will not likely be offered in XLIFF 2.0. If this requirement persists when XLIFF 2.0 passes we invite you to renew your inquiry. We will be happy to help.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Bryan

From: Bryan Schnabel [mailto:jedi.grunge@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2013 1:22 PM
To: Schnabel, Bryan S

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Bryan Schnabel <jedi.grunge@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Gerhard Schneider,

Thank  you for your suggestion regarding adding "reqif" to the @datatype attribute. I will raise this at our next Technical Committee meeting and communicate the results to you via this list.

We very much appreciate your input.

Thank you,

Bryan Schnabel

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Gerhard Schneider (innoreq GmbH) <gerhard.schneider@innoreq.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to suggest to entend the list of possible values for the "datatype" attribute with the value "reqif".

Background: Specifications (for instance, in the automotive industry) are usually specified in one language (for instance, german), but required in another language (for instance, english), to cooperate with others. For the exchange of such specifications, the OMG ReqIF standard was established. Having this available as explicit datatype makes XLIFF files created from ReqIF files more precise (currently, only "XHTML" can be used, which is near, but not close enough).

Best regards

Gerhard Schneider

innoreq GmbH