Subject: Re: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 2.1 spec: bad links

Hello Mihai,

Thanks for taking the time to send this feedback to the TC. I'm Chet Ensign, in charge of publishing the TC works here at OASIS, and I can explain this one.

We publish TC works with URLs that advance as they move through the standards development process. So, for example, when XLIFF 2.1 was first released for public review, I published the file at http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd01/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd01.html (csprd01 meaning committee specification public review draft 01). When it was approved as a Committee Specification, I published it at http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/cs01/xliff-core-v2.1-cs01.html. It is now a Candidate OASIS Standard and thus the "cos01" in the URL. That copy is, in fact, the most current copy of the spec although in terms of its content, it is identical to cs01.

However, I also create a set of symlink files that will always take you to the most current versions of the specification. That is the URL you list:  http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/xliff-core-v2.1.html . Note that is does not have the stage-specific folders /csprd01/ etc. There is no actual content file there - just the symlink to redirect you to the most recent edition of the work.

For me, the links you mention are doing what I'd expect - they are going to the anchor in the cos01 file. And once the file becomes an OASIS Standard, that link to http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/xliff-core-v2.1.html#source will take a reader to the location in xliff-core-v2.1-os.html.

Does that explain how it works ok?

Best,

c/het