Subject: its namespace URL in xliff 2.1

Hello together,

Chase pointed me to commenting here on this:

I tried to validate 2 different xliff 2.1 files at

http://okapi-lynx.appspot.com/validation

One does validate, the other does not (one had errors in the its
module). The only difference between the 2 files was, that the one that
validates uses the namespace

xmlns:its="https://www.w3.org/2005/11/its";

instead of

xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its";

So the only difference is the protocol that is used.

The validator did not check for correct its module syntax in my xliff,
when I used the https protocol in my namespace.

Yet in the xliff 2.1 spec it suggests to use the https protocol and this
is the one used at w3c at the current stage as well
(http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/ gets forwarded to
https://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/)

So from my point of view the validator needs to be corrected here.

best

Marc
--
Marc Mittag
MittagQI - Quality Informatics

Konrad-Lorenz-Weg 10
D-72116 Mössingen
Germany
Tel.:   ++49 (0)7473/220202
Fax:    ++49 (0)7473/220211
mailto: Marc@MittagQI.com
Web:    www.MittagQI.com

Info zum Anhang anbei:
Standardmäßig liegt jeder E-Mail bei MittagQI die
PGP-Signatur unseres jeweiligen Mitarbeiters bei,
um Ihnen die Möglichkeit zu geben,
E-Mails an uns zu verschlüsseln.