Subject: Definition of "inline code"

Hi all,

When revisiting the meeting agenda for today I just realized that I hadn't done my action item, my apologies for not getting to this earlier.

We had some discussion last meeting as to what exactly an 'inline code' is, and we decided to come up with a good terminology definition for this.

Inline Code: "A non-textual data structure within the translatable content."

I'm having a hard time liking this definition, but an equally hard time coming up with something better. Perhaps something in the direction of:

"Inline codes refers to non-linguistic data embedded within a unit of translatable content. ... Inline codes may represent data pointers that must be preserved in order to create a valid translated native target file. Inline codes may encapsulate a span of the translatable content, or represent a standalone data-pointer within the translation unit."

Comments and suggestions welcome!

cheers,
asgeir