Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] Requirements - #8

Hi Dimitra,

> "Must be able to identify uniquely an INLINE code within

Actually, maybe just "segment" is better than "content" or "content segment". For the purpose of this work we have defined segment as either the result of the segmentation of a "block" of text or the block of text itself. See http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel#Definitions.2BAC8-Terminology

So I agree: segment would be better. (and adding inline sounds fine too)

> Will we discuss also how we link it with the metadata
> or not? Sorry for asking, it is just not clear to me.

For the requirement we probably should not even think about the "how" :) But it's hard not to do so obviously. But if the "how" you have in mind leads to other general requirements, then you should mention them.

The idea is that we'll work on the "how" once the requirements are done.

Thanks for moving the discussion forward. Remember people: we said we would try to make progress by email...
-ys