Subject: Teleconference - Nov-9-2010 - 14:30 UTC

XLIFF Inline Markup Subcommittee Teleconference
Every second Tuesday of every month at 14:30 UTC
6:30am PT, 7:30am MT, 9:30am ET, 2:30pm London, 3:30pm Berlin/Oslo.
(Note: Both US and Europe are on Winter time now, so UTC changes to 14:30, but not your local time)

Teleconference meeting place:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/408998929
Meeting ID: 408-998-929
Duration: 1 hour

You can use the following US phone number, or the VOIP option provided by GoToMeeting:
Dial 630-869-1010
Access Code: 408-998-929

=== 1) Admin

Minutes of previous meeting:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201010/msg00005.html

=== 2) Discussion: Requirements

Requirement working page:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Requirements

We had several action items:

Three were simple edit tasks. They have been done:

-- ACTION ITEM: Asgeir to enter the new wordings in the wiki for 1.7
-> Done.

-- ACTION ITEM: Yves to update 1.9. with clearer wording.
"Must be able to associate each code of the source with its corresponding code in the target"
-> Done.

-- ACTION Item: Asgeir to add the following guiding principle:
"Wherever possible, data categories or representation mechanisms from other standards should be considered. For example: ITS, RDF, etc."
-> Done

The last action item is the wording of a definition:

-- ACTION ITEM: All to try to come up with a definition for the concept that encompasses original markup, accelerators, stuff that is not in the original. basically; what we code in the XLIFF content.
-> anyone?

=== 3) Topics we may need to tackle first:

We addressed backward compatibility last meeting.
The two other items to address are:

a) conformance
b) methodology to write the document

YS input:

It seems conformance should be tackled by the TC has a whole. We can simple expression processing expectations in our draft and if need to be, depending on the TC discussions outcome, we can adapt them to be part of the conformance or not.

As for the methodology to write the document: The TC has decided to go with Docbook but does not have template yet. We can easily start our draft in the wiki and adapt it to Docbook when a template becomes available.

=== 4) Design/Implementation

The page here: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Comparison
Is a start for the discussion.

It lists each requirement, with an example.
Anyone with an idea on how to represent an example simply show the corresponding markup there (option A, B, etc.)
The sections at the bottom are for an overall description of the different options.

Step by step we can build a "final option" on which we have a consensus

=== 5) Any Other Business?

Next meeting will be Dec-7

-end