Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] Inline code SC Meeting - June-14

Hi Yves,

Wishes for safe travel to you. I will try today to rearrange my schedule in order to attend and perhaps start the session. As it stands, I have another call from 7 - 8 PDT. If I cannot reschedule (I will know by midday, PDT), I will hope that somebody else can start the session.

Thanks,

Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves Savourel [mailto:ysavourel@translate.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:58 AM
To: xliff-inline@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff-inline] Inline code SC Meeting - June-14

Hi all,

I will not be able to attend the SC teleconference on Jun-14 (traveling to LocWorld).

But since you have that hour booked up for the SC, maybe you still can work on the topic :)
I'll send the GoToMeeting code to Bryan, Christian and Andrew so someone can start the session.
I'm not sure, but Christian may be still in vacation.

Arle has join the SC (welcome back).
Arle, FYI, the meeting info is:

XLIFF Inline Markup Subcommittee Teleconference
Every second Tuesday of every month at 14:00 UTC
7:00am PDT, 8:00am MDT, 10:00am EDT, 11:00 Montevideo, 3:00pm London, 4:00pm Berlin.
Teleconference meeting place:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/408998929
Meeting ID: 408-998-929
You can use the following US phone number, or the VOIP option provided by GoToMeeting:
Dial 630-869-1010
Access Code: 408-998-929

To help you with the meeting, here is a summary of the discussions we are having:

--- Storing the native data.

It seems we have a basic consensus on three forms:

a) no storage
b) storage inside the element (not in attribute)
c) an attribute pointing to a storage location within the unit.

We still have to define how the external storage should be represented.
Maybe someone can come up with a proposal?

--- IDs

We are still discussing the IDs.

One question: Should the standalone starting code representation and the standalone ending code representation use the same ID (which then could be used to link them) or different ones (and then we need an extra attribute (e.g. rid) in the ending code to link with its corresponding opening)? In other words:

Christian has an action item to research the ID mechanism in XML.

A second question is: In the case of the representation that stores the native data outside the segment, should we re-use the same id to point to the element storing the data, or use a different one?
Andrew noted that using a different one would promote the separation of concerns.

--- Editing hints

Currently we have those properties:

- canDelete
- canReplicate
- canReorder
- canMoveOutOfParent

We can have one attribute for each, or a single attribute with some value that can be decomposed (e.g. using OR).
What should be the default for each one?
Should we have also some way to define a file-level default?

--- Span/markers -type elements

One possible solution would be a general container with different attributes for each information, so overlapping spans could be represented in nested spans.

Christian had an action item to post an email about this possible different implementation.

--- Summary

I've started to try to summarize our directions here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Draft

Nothing stable obviously, but the idea is to adjust the document as we finalize the markup.

Cheers,
-ys