Subject: XLIFF inline markup - Teleconference - Aug-09-2011

XLIFF Inline Markup Subcommittee Teleconference

Every second Tuesday of every month at 14:00 UTC
7:00am PDT, 8:00am MDT, 10:00am EDT, 11:00 Montevideo, 3:00pm London, 4:00pm Berlin.
Teleconference meeting place:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/408998929
Meeting ID: 408-998-929
You can use the following US phone number, or the VOIP option provided by GoToMeeting:
Dial 630-869-1010
Access Code: 408-998-929

Regrets: Arle.

Let's try to make some progress in our requirements->solution list

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Requirements

=== Checking stable entries.

I've listed several entries as "stable"
It means: we've discuss them and came up with a solution that, as far as I can tell, is fine to all.
(we'll revisit element names at the end)

It would be good if, as preparation work, we could go through the list of stable entries and see if you are ok with it. If not, please, edit the wiki to change the label and list the points you think we still need to discuss.

The idea is to focus on the items not stable during the teleconference.

=== Items "under discussions"

The items below are listed as "under discussion".
Please be prepare to discuss them during the teleconference and to try to have a possible solution for them.

(Feel free to start by email.)

--- 1.3. Must be able to represent paired codes that have been separated

--- 1.5. Must allow to associate spans of content with metadata

--- 1.8. Must be able to identify uniquely an inline code within a segment

--- 1.12.3. to store a pointer to it along with its XLIFF representation

--- 1.15. Should be able to represent illegal XML characters in the content

=== Draft

I think it's time to start developing some draft: we can work on some of the basics, principles, definitions, etc.
Rodolfo is preparing a docbook template we can use.

=== Any Other Business

Cheers,
-ys