Subject: 1.8. Must be able to identify uniquely an inline code within a segment

There are two main questions remaining for this item I think:

== A) Use of xml:id

It seems the requirement that values for xml:id must be unique per document (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-id/#processing) prevents its use in this context: we need to be able to specify the same value between the source and the target.

== B) Id for closing code

We've discuss some of this here: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201107/threads.html#00000

And it seems there is a consensus building toward using id in the opening part of the code and idref/rid in the corresponding closing part. (I'm using rid for now because we started with that in 1.2 and it's shorter, but idref/idr would be fine too (and maybe better English?)).

Is this something we are all comfortable with?
And do we have other issues or questions to resolve with this topic?

-ys