Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] Sample for metadata inline representation

Hi Arle,

> ...but it seems like Dublin Core would be relevant
> to at least some of these specific items. I'm not
> clear if you are wanting to know how these would be
> handled at the specific level or asking for general
> ways of dealing with these sorts of issues, but as
> a general comment, we should be reusing other standards
> where possible, and when we get into this area,
> Dublin Core seems relevant.

Indeed, the Dublin Core would be a good example, I believe, of a "custom" (as in non-XLIFF) namespace used with our annotations. For example, using the notation I was describing here http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201108/msg00028.html, this would give us something like:

(With dc being define somewhere obviously)

The idea of the exercise is to see various notations and determine which one seem the most appropriate. So you should feel encouraged to come up with you own variations of the markup.

By the way: the Dublin Core one of the many meta-data standards available for various verticals:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metadata_standards

cheers,
-ys