Subject: Fwd: [xliff-inline] XLIFF Inline Markup Subcommittee Teleconference - Dec-13-2011 - Summary

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rodolfo M. Raya <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:58 PM
To: Andrew Pimlott <andrew@spartanconsultinginc.com>
Cc: "Schnabel, Bryan S" <bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com>, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>

Hello Andrew,

We can test conformance of XLIFF documents. We cannot enforce application conformance or full support for XLIFF.

Treat applications as black boxes. If an application receives a valid XLIFF file and exports a valid XLIFF file, we have nothing to say about it. How it handles the XLIFF document internally is not our business.

If an application that receives an XLIFF file exports an invalid or damaged XLIFF file, the only thing we can do is tell the user what is wrong in the faulty XLIFF file. The user is responsible for his/her choice of tools, not the XLIFF TC.

We cannot say that an application is not conformant to XLIFF standard. What would the maker of a non-conformant tool do if we publish an statement saying that the tool doesn’t comply with the standard? I wouldn’t personally risk a law suit.

Regards,

Rodolfo

--
Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com