Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] Splitting non-clonable codes

Hi Fredrik, all,

> Perhaps we should allow tools to freely convert
> in any circumstance not just when segmenting in a span?

I would agree. Both representations must be handled by a given tool otherwise we don't have interoperability; and the conversion should be lossless since both provide the same set of information. Therefore it should matter little which one is used. Very likely both would be mapped to the same internal objects when reading the documents.

Cheers,
-yves