OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff-inline message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] SC face to face meeting?

DavidF> ...would rather go for an event that is already 
DavidF> planned or will be planned soon (maybe some of LT-Web
DavidF> meetings or Locworld Paris)..

It's true, other options could be:

- LocWorld Paris on June 4-6.
It's a bit late in the year, but may be a lot easier for Fredrik and Christian. I'm guessing Arle will be there. And I can also probably make that trip. Although it would probably be more difficult for Bryan, DavidW and Andrew (except if they are planning to go to LocWorld).
We would also have to find someone to host the meeting.
June-7-8 would be probably the best dates since several of us would have to travel to Dublin for the next week.

- LT-Web Dublin on June-11-12.
Like for Loc-World, it's a bit late in the year, but if more people can make it it's worth the wait.
We may try to ask David Lewis from Trinity College to provide the meeting room after the LT-web meeting. The advantage for this would be that Arle, DavidF and I will be there already. The other advantage is that Dublin may be also easier for Fredrik and Christian. But again, this would be a lot more difficult for Bryan, Andrew and DavidW.

Bryan> I would love some spring skiing at Vale (or I 
Bryan> guess at that time of year only A-Basin would be
Bryan> open?). 

Vail closes around mid-April, sometimes May. A-Basin and Loveland go even later (from memory I think A-Basin was open on July 4th last year and in 97).

We need to decide relatively quickly.
DavidW, Arle, Fredrik, Christian: any chance that any of you could make a F2F in Boulder, Paris or Dublin or elsewhere?


But as Yves said I am not a currently active memeber of the SC, so feel free to go for Boulder if that is what suits most of you.

I belive that SC made a very good choice regarding the inline reprsentation codes, I only regret that I could not cast my vote for the winning proposal, as I was not eligible for voting.

My proposed focus for the SC would be processing requirements elaboration..

Best regards


Dr. David Filip
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
cellphone: +353-86-0222-158 
facsimile: +353-6120-2734
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 13:15, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Looking at the work we still have to do and the fact that we would like to release 2.0 core by the end of this year, it may be very useful to have a face-to-face meeting to make a lot of progress in one go.

There is the potential face-to-face of the whole TC in October in Seattle, but it is rather late, and it wouldn't be specifically for the inline markup issues. It would be useful to have a SC face-to-face before summer.

There are two options:

a) We find some venue where some of us are going and find a way to have the meeting before or after.

b) We just host our own meeting at a time and place of our choice.

Based on the fact that the TC F2F is looking at October I doubt there are any gathering before the summer that would work out.

Among the most active SC members (DavidF and Lucìa: I'm discarding you only to try to simplify the equation) there are 4 of us in the US, and 2 in Europe (plus Arle who is in the US until March and then in Europe). So maybe a US-based meeting would work?

March is probably too soon to be realistic, but maybe April would work?

So I would, selfishly, propose a SC face-to-face in Boulder in April or early May.

Boulder is well connected through Denver (direct flights from many cities, including Frankfurt, London and Reykjavik). ENLASO can host a 2-day meeting in our offices. Between the airport shuttle and hotels close from the office you would probably don't even need a rental car.

Obviously, if there are other options we should also look at them. But the bottom line is that if we could get at least 4 or 5 of us together I really think it would be worth the trouble.


To unsubscribe, e-mail: xliff-inline-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
For additional commands, e-mail: xliff-inline-help@lists.oasis-open.org

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]