OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff-inline message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Inline markup SC teleconference - March-13-2012

XLIFF Inline Markup Subcommittee Teleconference


IMPORTANT: The US/Canada switch to Daylight Saving time on March-11, but not Europe.
So for two weeks (which inevitably include the week of the call) there is 1 hour less of difference between US and Europe.

Let's keep the European call time the same.
And move the US call time one 1 hour later:

Every second Tuesday of every month at 15:00 UTC
8:00am PT, 9:00am MT, 11:00am ET <-- New time for this call
3:00pm London, 4:00pm Berlin. <-- Nothing change for Europe


Teleconference meeting place:
Meeting ID: 408-998-929
You can use the following US phone number, or the VOIP option provided by GoToMeeting:
Dial 630-869-1010
Access Code: 408-998-929

Regrets: Yves (Fredrik will chair the meeting)
Leave of absence: Andrew

The summary of our main reqyirements is here:

Latest draft is here:
See http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/xliff/trunk/xliff-20/xliff-core.pdf

=== Annotations representation
(req 1.5: Must allow to associate spans of content with metadata)

Current proposed representation:

<mrk [id='id'] type='type' [value='some value'] [ref='someId'] [translate='yes|no']>...</mrk>

See section "2.5.3 Annotations" in draft for an early draft.

See also thread about a generic pattern for annotation-type features in the TC mailing list:
(element vs. offsets, etc.)

=== Validation/compliance

ACTION ITEM: Christian to bring back the validation tool question to the TC.

=== Representation of editing hints

Need to have notation for 'permissions'

ACTION ITEM: Yves to add section for this in specification.
-> Not done yet.

Discussion on the semantics:
See Fredrik's email
and following emails.

=== Bi-direction markers

Several tools use Unicode characters in 1.2.
Goes against W3C recommendation but seems common practice.
-> need to know about other tools
-> ask for info to W3C
Sent (but not passed the W3C check yet).

Some reference material:
- http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-controls
- http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/BidiProposal

Any input from new member? How do you handle bidi text?

Action item: Yves to ping w3c again.
-> Not done yet.

=== Codes and effect on segmentation
(req 1.16: Inline codes should have a way to store information about the effect on the segmentation)

Related email:

=== Representation of added codes

ACTION ITEM: Fredrik to try to post his document about different cases for adding inline codes.

See early text in Yves' email:
Any comment? Good enough to start putting this in the spec?

=== Any other business

--- Face-to-face:
June-13/14 in Dublin seems to be working for enough.
Yves will work on the details soon.

--- Normal meeting time:
We need to check on how many people are on the west coast now.
And see if the normal time of 7am is fine or not.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]