OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff-inline message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Inline makrup Teleconference - Apr-10-2012

XLIFF Inline Markup Subcommittee Teleconference
April 10th 2012

Both US and Europe are now on daylight saving time
So we are back (for now) to our normal time call.

7:00am PT, 8:00am MT, 10:00am ET <-- As before the 1-time change of last meeting.
3:00pm London, 4:00pm Berlin. <-- Nothing change for Europe

Teleconference meeting place:
Meeting ID: 408-998-929
You can use the following US phone number, or the VOIP option provided by GoToMeeting:
Dial 630-869-1010
Access Code: 408-998-929

Leave of absence: Andrew

The summary of our main requirements is here:

Latest draft is here:
See http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/xliff/trunk/xliff-20/xliff-core.pdf

I've also added a TODO page to try to summarize the various issues we have left:

=== Annotations representation

Current proposed representation:

<mrk [id='id'] type='type' [value='some value'] [ref='someId'] [translate='yes|no']>...</mrk>
See section "2.5.3 Annotations" in draft for an early draft.

We also need to decide on how to code annotation that are also original codes (like HTML5 translate).

See also thread about a generic pattern for annotation-type features in the TC mailing list:
(element vs. offsets, etc.)

=== Validation/compliance

ACTION ITEM: Christian to bring back the validation tool question to the TC.

=== Representation of editing hints

Need to have notation for 'permissions'

ACTION ITEM: Yves to add section for this in specification.
-> Not done yet. But working on it.

Discussion on the semantics:
See Fredrik's email
and following emails.

=== Bi-directional markers

Several tools use Unicode characters in 1.2.
Goes against W3C recommendation but seems common practice.
-> need to know about other tools
-> ask for info to W3C
Sent (but not passed the W3C check yet).

Some reference material:
- http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-controls
- http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/BidiProposal

Action item: Yves to ping w3c again.
-> The private feedback I got was mostly 'markup is better'.
Shall we look at implementing an HTMl5-like mechanism for directionality, that would be integrated with our annotations?

=== Codes and effect on segmentation
(req 1.16: Inline codes should have a way to store information about the effect on the segmentation)

Related email:

=== Representation of added codes

ACTION ITEM: Fredrik to try to post his document about different cases for adding inline codes.

See early text in Yves' email:
Any comment? Good enough to start putting this in the spec?

We may also want to have a section on deleting codes: as one way to 'remove' a code can be to make its original data part of the text.

=== Face-to-face:

The formal ballot closed with 6 yes and 1 abstain.
So we do have a face-to-face meeting in Dublin.

I'll post shortly today more info on the meeting logistics.

The last thing to decide is whether or not it should include the afternoon of Friday (morning seems to be ok).
We must decide this during this call, so people can make travel arrangements.

=== Any other business

--- Meeting time:

Based on the discussion of last call, it seems we could move the teleconference time to 8am PDT, 9MDT, 4pm Dublin/London, 5pm CEST.


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]