Subject: Inline Markup Teleconference - May-08-2012

XLIFF Inline Markup Subcommittee Teleconference

----------
7:00am PT, 8:00am MT, 10:00am ET
3:00pm London, 4:00pm Berlin
----------
Teleconference meeting place:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/408998929
Meeting ID: 408-998-929
You can use the following US phone number, or the VOIP option provided by GoToMeeting:
Dial 630-869-1010
Access Code: 408-998-929
----------

Regrets: Ingo
Leave of absence: Andrew

The summary of our initial requirements is here:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/Requirements

Latest draft is here:
See http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/xliff/trunk/xliff-20/xliff-core.pdf

I've also added a TODO page to try to summarize the various issues we have left:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/ToDo

=== Annotations representation

Current proposed representation:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201110/msg00013.html

<mrk [id='id'] type='type' [value='some value'] [ref='someId'] [translate='yes|no']>...</mrk>
See section "2.5.3 Annotations" in draft for an early draft.

=== Representation of editing hints

ACTION ITEM: Yves to add section for this in specification.
-> Added attributes in schema and draft
Processing expectations to be completed based on Fredrik's document, once we discussed them.

Discussion on the semantics:
See Fredrik's initial email
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201202/msg00021.html
and following emails.

ACTION ITEM: Fredrik will post a document soon on the general topic of editing/working with inline codes.
-> Done see:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201204/msg00007/xliff_edit_pe.pdf
Please, make sure to read and comment the PDF

=== Bi-directional markers

Some reference material:
- http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-controls
- http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/BidiProposal

ACTION ITEM: Fredrik will try to come up with a markup for this.
-> Done, see:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201204/msg00009.html
and follow up emails
Please, make sure to read and comment.

=== Representation of added codes

ACTION ITEM: Fredrik to try to post his document about different cases for adding inline codes.
Done see:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201204/msg00007/xliff_edit_pe.pdf

See early text in Yves' email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201202/msg00014.html
Any comment? Good enough to start putting this in the spec?

=== Face-to-face:

For meeting location, lodging, etc. See:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/OneContentModel/June2012FaceToFace

We'll work on the agenda in the coming weeks.

=== Any other business

- Next teleconference is normally on June-12. But:

a) it's only 2 days before the face-to-face meeting
b) several of the SC will be at the MLW-LT workshop

Instead we can have the call on June-14 (afternoon of the first day of the F2F)

-end