Subject: mrk and overlapping cases

Hi all,

I've tried to implement <mrk> using the two notations for overlapping elements we discussed:

Solution a) using two mrk linked by their IDs

Solution b) using the same start/end mechanism as in <sc>/<ec>

In my experience solution b) is a lot easier to implement. For example:

- Using multiple <mrk> for the same annotation forces you to separate the markers from the data they refer to (since two spans can refer to the same data).

I'm also not working with a DOM object, but with the structure mapped to internal objects. That may change one's perspective too.

I have no idea how this would play with a completely different programming model, like using XSLT.
Bryan: any chance for you to give us some thoughts on what approach would be the easiest?
I'm asking you because I know you're using XSLT for your XLIFF tools, but maybe others have thoughts on that too? Or with other languages like Python?

Cheers,
-yves