Subject: SC F2F outcome: Type attribute

During the face-to-face meeting there was a consensus on defining a composite value for the type attribute (for an inline code). It would work as follow:

type ::= <category>['|'<subcategory>]
<subcategory> ::= <authority>'-'<value>

- The separators '|' and '-' would have to be defined.
- we would provide the finite list of the top-level categories
- we would possibly provide default lists for all or some categories

Examples:

type="fmt"
type="fmt|xlf-bold"
type="fmt|xlf-italic"
type="fmt|xlf-underline"
type="ui|xlf-button"
type="ui|xlf-link"
etc.

The rational is that such two-level approach would allow to have both a defined list of top-level types that would provide broad information and an optional secondary, more specific, and extensible list of values for finer information.

If the secondary part is absent or unknown to a tool, it would still have the top-level part to make some decisions: this is a formatting code: do this... this is a UI element: do that, etc.

Note that such composite value may be of use in other attributes where we could use a top-level finite list of values, and a secondary extensible one.

Feedback welcome as usual.
-ys