Subject: ITS in <mrk>

Hi all,

I had an action item from the Face-to-face meeting to look at the possibilities to use directly the ITS namespace in the <mrk> elements to implement comments, translate and term.

Here it is:

So for <sm/> and <em/> we have to define our own attributes.

While the semantic works for <mrk> (the scope is the content of <mrk>), I feel that it would be confusing to have to use two different attributes to express the same information depending on what annotation element is used.

So, to me, that eliminate using directly the its:translate, its:term, etc. attributes. This does not mean we don't support the corresponding ITS data categories. They are just implemented using the XLIFF markup and can be mapped using ITS rules if needed.

-ys