Subject: RE: SC F2F outcome: Storing original data (IMPORTANT)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if everyone not at the face-to-face meeting had the time to think a bit more about this consensus we came up during the meeting: Providing only a single way to store the inline codes' original data: by using <data> outside the inline content.

I'm not looking for opposition :) but just want to be sure anyone seeing a major issue with this would comment before they go in vacations.

Cheers,
-yves

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves Savourel [mailto:ysavourel@enlaso.com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 9:02 AM
To: 'xliff-inline@lists.oasis-open.org'

During the face-to-face meeting there was a consensus on making the requirement of representing the original data of inline codes within the content out of scope.

For example, no more:

<unit id='1'>
 <segment>

Now only option to store the original data would be:

<unit id='1'>
 <segment>
  <data id='d1'>&lt;BR/></data>
 </originalData>
</unit>

We found reducing the different two storage method to a single one had the following advantages:

- only one way to store original data
- all text nodes of the content are real text not either text or data
- simplifies a number of processing expectations
- simplifies greatly the implementations
- allows to re-use the stored data for multiple references

This is an important change compared to the current draft. Please, make sure to provide feedback as soon as possible if storing the original data inside the inline code is crucial for your application.

Thanks,
-ys