Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] Feedback needed for Directionality

Actually thinking more about this:

Cheers,
-ys

-----Original Message-----
From: xliff-inline@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff-inline@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 3:26 PM
To: xliff-inline@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi all,

One more note on the directionality:

The source and target element take their default directionality from the (grand-parent) unit element. But we have source and target in the Matches module as well.

There, the default should be taken from the <match> element.

Should we add the xlf:srcDir and xlf:trgDir attributes in <match>.
Or should we have the Matches module define its own attributes?
(I would tend to go for adding the XLIFF core attributes rather than using special one from the match module).

Also I suppose those srcDir and trgDir in <match> should take their default from the parent <unit>.

I don't see any problem with all this as long as we define srcDir and trgDir in general terms: attributes that set the directionality for some children element and take their default values from some parents.

Any thoughts.
-yves