Subject: Type attributes in inline codes

Hi all,

To follow up on the face-to-face meeting in Redmond:

We have a consensus at the TC level for the 'translation state' to be represented with two attributes a state with a pre-defined fixed list of values and a subState with user values that follow the patter <prefix>;<value>.

We do have the same pattern of a top-level value and a user sub-value with the type attribute of the inline codes:

type="<to-level-value>[/<user-prefix>:<user-value>"

I think we should have a common way to represent identical pattern across the format, so I propose to change our type attributes to:

type="<top-level-value>"
and subType="<user-prefix>:<user-value>".

The values and definitions would remain the same as now.
One new requirement would be that if subType is present, type must also be defined.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
-yves