Subject: Re: [xliff-inline] Name changing and moving the proposal to the TC

I agree actively :-)

Dr. David Filip
=======================
LRC | CNGL | LT-Web | CSIS
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
cellphone: +353-86-0222-158
facsimile: +353-6120-2734
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

-- Names:

I had an action item from the last SC call to update the names of a few attributes.
I was waiting to see if there was any dissent, and trying to find the time to update the draft.

I didn't heard any dissent and didn't get any time to enter any change.

Changing the name of attributes is actually a lengthy and error-prone task in our source documents and I don't really want to spend the time do it until I'm sure I won't have to change things again. So I'm proposing the following:

Postpone entering the change until after the proposal goes to the TC. For now, add only a short note at the top of the inline section that explain the new names:

nid->dataRef,
nidStart->dataRefStart,
nidEnd->dataRefEnd,
rid->scRef

That way if there are other decision on name changes I can do them all once for all.

If I don't hear a dissent on this mailing list by Wednesday Dec-5 5pm US mountain Time, we'll consider everyone agrees with that plan.

-- Moving to TC:

Then our next step will be to accept this proposal as the draft to send to the TC.

I'd like to have some recorded consensus for this. Technically, because the last 3 calls have been poorly attended, Fredrik and I could just vote on it (and since we have already agree and recorded that last call, that should be simple). But it'll be good to have a positive answer from the whole group, even without current voting rights.

It would be nice to do that at next week call, otherwise we can confirm it by an electronic ballot.

So our next week call may be the last call of this sub-committee.

cheers,
-yves