xliff-omos message

Subject: Modified: 4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference

Submitter's message
Meeting minutes finally added. Apologies for the delay..
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: 4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference

Date: Tuesday, 26 January 2016, 05:00pm to 06:00pm WET
Location: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3822
Description

See the private action item for dial in details

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3822

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

A Admin

1. Rollcall

2. Approve meeting minutes from Jan 12 meeting

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-omos/201601/msg00019.html

B Material:

1. technical deliverables

wiki request

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00014.html

spec git request

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00015.html

a. JSON Serialization

Template request: JLIFF V1

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00017.html

Working list discussion:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00023.html

b. Approach to OM

Template request: XLIFF 2 Object Model V1

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00016.html

c. TBX Basic Mapping

Template request: TBX Mapping with XLIFF v2.0 and Higher Version 1.0

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00018.html

2. assignment of editor roles for the technical deliverables

Still no volunteers other than dF?

3.  Yves' proposal to contribute the XLIFF Toolkit and Acorn projects on behalf of Okapi

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00012.html

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00013.html

4. update on TMX contribution

5. Liaisons

ARIP TC, XLIFF TC, TBX Steering Committee, any ISO TC 37 subcommittess? any more proposals

6. Promotion

CFP for 5th FEISGILTT 2016, 7th XLIFF Symposium, 1st TMX Symposium

http://locworld.com/feisgiltt2016-cfp/

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xliff#announcements

C Wrap up

1. AOB

2. Summary of AIs assigned

3. Adjourn

Minutes

A Admin

  1. Roll call (Meeting achieved quorum)
  2. Approval of meeting minutes

B Technical Deliverables

  1. Requests for 3 document templates (JLIFF V1, XLIFF 2 OM V1, TBX Mapping with XLIFF v2.0 and higher version 1.0), wiki, git (SVN) version control instances submitted
  2. JSON Serialization

dF: Brief summary of e-mail discussions, looking at best practices or recommended approaches. Good first steps.

Starting with “fragments” – how do we know which fragment it is?

Yves: Shouldn’t need to know, no need to have whole context, should be able to handle only a snippet

dF: Uniqueness issue as discussed on mailing list. I liked the first Yves approach with code numbers for different code types.

dF: How would we deal with other aspects of content, such as extended or module attributes?

Should we establish a differentiation between what is core and what is modular?

Hard to differentiate between segments and fragments of segment if all at the same level without duplicate keys.

<Ryan – bad audio, inaudible>

dF: Ryan would you please summarize your position after the call on the mailing list?

Yves: Need to put together example with simple unit to see whole hierarchy, including targets

Concerns about overhead when serializing a simple paragraph, for example <p>one line of text</p>. We should keep fragments as simple as possible.

dF: 3 things to tackle: approach to core/module/extension data, XLIFF fragment, and representation of inline content including target.

Need a lead editor for the JLIFF spec.

Yves: we start with collaboration on the wiki, then move towards spec.

dF: Sure, just wanted to assign an editor to drive the spec, some members such as MSFT have a very aggressive timeline in mind WRT the JSON serialization spec.

       3. Assignment of editors – on hold. DF ok to table editors discussion until we have something tangible on the wiki (not yet available). Will ping Chet on the tickets, prioritizing the wiki.

      4. XLIFF Toolkit and ACORN project contributions from Okapi. Ok to close this item. Contributions available in the TC document library https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/documents.php

      5. No update on TMX contribution

      6. Liaisons – none listed yet on the webpage, but a few exist:  ARIP TC (DF), XLIFF TC (Yves), TBX Steering Committee (Alan).  No need for ISO TC 37 liaison.

     7. Promotion

GALA briefing last week (webinar)

7th XLIFF Symposium – CFP still open, under LocWorld webpage (FEISGILTT)
http://locworld.com/feisgiltt2016-cfp/

1st TMX symposium will be included with next FEISGILTT.

C Wrap Up

  1. Alan: Do we have the reference to MSFT OM?
    dF: Yes, link to MSFT XLIFF Object Model referenced in 1/12 minutes, Ryan sent the reference on mailing list, but (simple search on Git Hub will give you the same)
    https://github.com/Microsoft/XLIFF2-Object-Model
  2. Status of syntax for abstract OM for XLIFF  – Alan’s contact recommended consulting with prof David Embley (specialized in data modelling)
  3. Next meeting on Feb 9th
  4. DF to ping Chet to get traction on Wiki (Action Item)

Meeting adjourned

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: OASIS XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further action in your Outlook mail application.
Non-Outlook users: We still recommend subscribing to a Group or organization-wide calendar to keep your calendar updated.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Lisbon
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
TZNAME:WET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0000
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000326T010000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:WEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0000
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20160209T134314Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20160126T170000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20160126T180000
SEQUENCE:4
SUMMARY:4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference
LOCATION:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3822
LAST-MODIFIED:20160209T134314Z
ORGANIZER:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org
 ww.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/members/acti
 on_item.php?action_item_id=3822\n\nAgenda: A Admin\n\n1. Rol
 lcall\n\n2. Approve meeting minutes from Jan 12 meeting\n\nh
 ttps://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-omos/201601/msg00
 019.html\n\nB Material:\n\n1. technical deliverables\n\nwiki
  request\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xl
 iff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00014.html\n\nspec git req
 uest\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-
 omos/email/archives/201601/msg00015.html\n\na. JSON Serializ
 ation\n\nTemplate request: JLIFF V1\n\nhttps://www.oasis-ope
 n.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/ms
 g00017.html\n\nWorking list discussion:\n\nhttps://www.oasis
 -open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/20160
 1/msg00023.html\n\nb. Approach to OM\n\nTemplate request: XL
 IFF 2 Object Model V1\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org
 /workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00016.html\n\
 nc. TBX Basic Mapping\n\nTemplate request: TBX Mapping with
 XLIFF v2.0 and Higher Version 1.0\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.
 org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg0
 0018.html\n\n2. assignment of editor roles for the technical
  deliverables\n\nStill no volunteers other than dF?\n\n3.  Y
 ves&#39\; proposal to contribute the XLIFF Toolkit and Acorn
  projects on behalf of Okapi\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/a
 pps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201601/msg00012.
 html\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-
 omos/email/archives/201601/msg00013.html\n\n4. update on TMX
  contribution\n\n5. Liaisons\n\nARIP TC\, XLIFF TC\, TBX Ste
 ering Committee\, any ISO TC 37 subcommittess? any more prop
 osals\n\n6. Promotion\n\nCFP for 5th FEISGILTT 2016\, 7th XL
 IFF Symposium\, 1st TMX Symposium \n\nhttp://locworld.com/fe
 isgiltt2016-cfp/\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc
 _home.php?wg_abbrev=xliff#announcements\n\nC Wrap up\n\n1. A
 OB\n\n2. Summary of AIs assigned\n\n3. Adjourn\nGroup: OASIS
  XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC
 \nCreator: Dr. David Filip
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/event.php?event_id=41656
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/event.php?event_id=41656
BEGIN:VALARM