OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff-omos message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Modified: 4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference

Submitter's message
Meeting minutes added, thanks to Soroush for note taking
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: 4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference

Date: Tuesday, 28 June 2016, 05:00pm to 06:00pm WEST
Location: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3822

See the private action item for dial in details


This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.


A. Admin:

1. Roll call

2. Approve meeting minutes from Maay 10 (May 24 and June 14 did not reach quorum)


3. Welcome  Robert van Engelen



B. Material:

1. Technical Deliverables

Updated diagram from Lucian


Progress with collaborative UML diagram editting:


Wiki on Papyrus: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff-omos/WorkingWithPapyrus


Papyrus, an open source option: http://www.eclipse.org/papyrus/download.html

Somewhat older email from Yves on JSON alpha implementation in Lynx


Spec GIT Request – update

Robin said this is in progress and one of last decision points should happen around mid June. Once this becomes available it should be easy to migrate from the temporary github repo managed by merzbauer (dF)

The ticket has been reopened (https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2303).


Copyright Issues with Submissions

No progress on this https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201602/msg00021.html.

We will close this one as we're not likely to make use of the thesis beyond standard attributed citation..

TBX Mapping  based on a published paper https://www.localisation.ie/resources/publications/2015/260

This has been properly submitted by James on 24th May through the comment list


James is also joining the TC, in the process of prirep approval

Report from  Working meetings at FESGILTT Dublin, June 7 http://locworld.localizationworl.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/FEISGILTTProgram2016.pdf


TC members, please use group e-mail for communication / comments

Non-TC members, use the commenting facility (send a comment button on TC public page)

2. Assignment of editor roles for the technical deliverables

Actually, we're now ready to move on the TBX mapping front, we're just waiting for the git repo, could decide to move ahead on SVN with this one..

Tabled for JLIFF and OM until we have enough material on wiki.


3. TMX Contribution

Report from Dublin TMX Symposium


dF contacted Jamie on 18th Feb and 8th Mar, and March 30 but no answer so far.

Copyright transfer agreement needs to be negotiated between ETSI and OASIS.


4. Liaisons


ISO/IEC JTC1 SC38 wrt reference architecture for big data. (dF)


5. Promotion

Looking for someone to write a high level paper on Why XLIFF 2 (and XLIFF OMOS?)


6. Doodle to check voters availability over the summer

Next meeting on June 28


Meeting minutes 28.06.2016

A. Admin:

  1. Roll call

Loïc: We have quorum in the meeting. 5 of 7 Voters

2. Approve meeting minutes from May 10 (May 24 and June 14 did not reach quorum)


dF: Does any one second?

Loïc: I do.

dF: If there are no objections, it’s approved


3. Welcome  Robert van Engelen


Robert van Engelen: Hi every one! I am excited to contribute in this committee. My company specializes in XML web services, starting with SOAP and then extending into data binding compliance and participating in W3C workgroups for data-binding patterns. We have been considering development and implementation of particles, in XML and its alternatives, like JSON and other non-XML based representations. I hope I will be able to help this committee and contribute to its work. 

dF: Thank you for joining us, you will get your voting rights at the conclusion of your next participation if you can make the 12th July.


B. Material:

  1. Technical Deliverables

 dF: We are currently working on a UML diagram of the object model. Lucian started it (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201605/msg00002.html) on a UML tool, which is not interoperable. As he is not a member of XLIFF OMOS TC anymore, I strated developing the diagram in Papyrus, an Eclipse plugin. This diagram (https://github.com/DavidFatDavidF/XLIFFOM/blob/master/model/XLIFFOM.png) (a temporary repository, not OASIS-guaranteed yet) however contains some improvements. Currently https://github.com/DavidFatDavidF/XLIFFOM/blob/f6d7cfcd969af207bc99df2eb9d87b0e1e2ade23/model/XLIFFOM.png,  it is a good representation of the structural levels of XLIFF. We agreed to use the same names as in XLIFF for now to avoid the need to keep a mapping table, but still keeping the diagram XML-independent. We allow xml:space on structural elements, I kept the name xml:space to fix the semantics, as I don't know what's the semantic of preserving whitespace or not in JSON and other possible serializations..  Do we have any thoughts on this issue in the TC?

Chase: I don’t think JSON has any rules for space preserving. It is probably presumed to be preserved. I will check

dF: We should look into it as we move further, remembering that XLIFF follows the XML behaviour when it comes to preserving whitespace.

Wiki page on Papyrus: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff-omos/WorkingWithPapyrus 

Latest version of diagram: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff-omos/OMDiagrams

Meeting time snaphot: https://github.com/DavidFatDavidF/XLIFFOM/commit/97151172a32bc399ef2a31f2179951800da08a34



2. Assignment of editor roles for the technical deliverables

dF: The potential TBX mapping IP issue has been formally resolved with the mapping being contributed to the TC. We will get back to this item in July, as we will have James (the lead author of the mapping, albeit with guidance from Alan and myself). I am currently working on the Object Model, I announce the call for editors to work on JLIFF.


3. TMX Contribution

dF: I will have the full meeting minutes for FEISGILTT 2016 Dublin by tomorrow. Chase, would you please give us a report?

Chase: With regard to TMX, we had a discussion in Dublin. Angelika Zerfaß started the talk by posting out some limitations to TMX and suggestions. In the further discussion, there was a broad consensus that TMX Next will need to align its inline data model with XLIFF2. But it was also proposed to use XLIFF 2 itself instead, dropping further development of TMX. altogether. A firm conclusion was not reached at the end. But the stakeholders who were present in the room seemed inclined to drop TMX in favor of XLIFF 2 with Translation Candidate module, including Angelika

dF: yes, she said that her clients didn't care what the standard was named, they just requested lossless leverage.

dF: Thanks! Basically, the main point was that TMX is multilingual, whereas XLIFF is only bilingual. Ryan proposed a “clean solution” to use the Translation Candidate module with reference languages to host as many languages as necessary. Still, this is not resolved, we'd need to collect feedback from more staleholders. We cannot work on TMX unless the OASIS works out the IPR transfer from ETSI, which is taking too long now. We could work on an XLIFF profile to replace TMX, but we wouldn't be allowed to say it was a TMX successor, unless the TMX IP was transferred from ETSI.


4. Liaisons

dF: No new items in this section. 


5. Promotion 

dF: Alan Melby and other JIAMCATT network members expressed interest in a paper on business benefits of adopting XLIFF 2 and its data model, please contact Alan Melby or myself if interested in contributing to writing this up.


6. Doodle to check voters availability over the summer

dF: Our August meetings better be dropped, I propose. If no objections, this is considered a consensus decision. We will hold both July meetings as we should have quorum based on the Doodle poll.

dF: AOB? If there are no agenda proposals for the next meeting, we will have our next meeting onJuly 12th.

I adjourn this meeting now. 

Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: OASIS XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further action in your Outlook mail application.
Non-Outlook users: We still recommend subscribing to a Group or organization-wide calendar to keep your calendar updated.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.

Attachment: ical_41661.ics
Description: application/ics

PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
SUMMARY:4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference
DESCRIPTION:See the private action item for dial in details\n\nhttps://w
 on_item.php?action_item_id=3822\n\nAgenda: A. Admin:\n\n1. R
 oll call\n\n2. Approve meeting minutes from Maay 10 (May 24 
 and June 14 did not reach quorum)\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.
 0003.html\n\n3. Welcome  Robert van Engelen\n\nhttps://www.o
 01605/msg00003.html\n\n \n\nB. Material:\n\n1. Technical Del
 iverables\n\nUpdated diagram from Lucian\n\nhttps://www.oasi
 05/msg00002.html\n\nProgress with collaborative UML diagram 
 master/model/XLIFFOM.png\n\nWiki on Papyrus: https://wiki.oa
 1606/msg00001.html\n\nPapyrus\, an open source option: http:
 //www.eclipse.org/papyrus/download.html\n\nSomewhat older em
 ail from Yves on JSON alpha implementation in Lynx\n\nhttps:
 hives/201604/msg00009.html\n\nSpec GIT Request &ndash\; upda
 te\n\nRobin said this is in progress and one of last decisio
 n points should happen around mid June. Once this becomes av
 ailable it should be easy to migrate from the temporary gith
 ub repo managed by merzbauer (dF)\n\nThe ticket has been reo
 pened (https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2303).\n
 \n \n\nCopyright Issues with Submissions\n\nNo progress on t
 his https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos
 /email/archives/201602/msg00021.html.\n\nWe will close this 
 one as we&#39\;re not likely to make use of the thesis beyon
 d standard attributed citation..\n\nTBX Mapping  based on a 
 published paper https://www.localisation.ie/resources/public
 ations/2015/260\n\nThis has been properly submitted by James
  on 24th May through the comment list\n\nhttps://lists.oasis
 \nJames is also joining the TC\, in the process of prirep ap
 proval\n\nReport from  Working meetings at FESGILTT Dublin\,
  June 7 http://locworld.localizationworl.netdna-cdn.com/wp-c
 \n\nTC members\, please use group e-mail for communication /
  comments\n\nNon-TC members\, use the commenting facility (h
 bbrev=xliff-omos button on https://www.oasis-open.org/commit
 tees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xliff-omos)\n\n2. Assignment of e
 ditor roles for the technical deliverables\n\nActually\, we&
 #39\;re now ready to move on the TBX mapping front\, we&#39\
 ;re just waiting for the git repo\, could decide to move ahe
 ad on SVN with this one..\n\nTabled for JLIFF and OM until w
 e have enough material on wiki.\n\n \n\n3. TMX Contribution\
 n\nReport from Dublin TMX Symposium\n\nhttp://locworld.local
 LTTProgram2016.pdf\n\ndF contacted Jamie on 18th Feb and 8th
  Mar\, and March 30 but no answer so far.\n\nCopyright trans
 fer agreement needs to be negotiated between ETSI and OASIS.
 \n\n \n\n4. Liaisons\n\nARIP TC (dF)\n\nISO/IEC JTC1 SC38 wr
 t reference architecture for big data. (dF)\n\nXLIFF TC (Yve
 s)\n\n5. Promotion\n\nLooking for someone to write a high le
 vel paper on Why XLIFF 2 (and XLIFF OMOS?)\n\nAOB\n\n6. Dood
 le to check voters availability over the summer\n\nNext meet
 ing on June 28\nGroup: OASIS XLIFF Object Model and Other Se
 rializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC\nCreator: Dr. David Filip

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]