[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Modified: 2nd Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference (Conference Call)
Event Title: 2nd Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference (Conference Call)
Date: Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 05:00pm to 06:00pm WET
See the private action item for dial in details
This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.
1- Roll call
5 needed for quorum
2- Minutes from the last meeting, 24 Jan 2017
1- XLIFF OM
modularity and extensions
- Decision on how to "officially" expand JLIFF
JSON Loclization Interchange *Fragment* Format
- Modularity and extensibility expressed in JSON
- Idea from last time: use the mda method for all modules and extensions
3- TBX Mapping
Link to latest Editors' Draft of TBX mapping: https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff-omos/trunk/XLIFF-TBX/xliff-tbx-v1.0.pdf
AI James and dF to schedule 1:1 editorial call for follow-up. / PENDING
C. Other Topics
1- Date of next meeting?
GALA TAPICC - officially launched last week BSD 3 clause and CC-BY 2.0
- dF connected Chase with Klaus Fleischmann (collecting metadata) ?? status
dF/James: TBX Steering Committee / ISO TC37/SC3 => Expect next TBX IS version in late 2017
dF/Yves: XLIFF TC - XLIFF 2.1 CSPRD02 launched on 10th February, will end by 25th February
You can review how each of the 20 1st public issues resolved
Do subscribe to the comment list https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=xliff
if you're not a member of the XLIFF TC you can only comment through the comment list (if you have a subscription)
You may follow the CTR discussion here https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/XLIFF-4
XML Prague last week, we announced the XLIFF 2.1 csprd02 and also mentioned the OMOS work on OM and JLIFF
1- Roll call
Attendees: David, Phil, Robert, Chase, James, Soroush
Quorum reached with 6 out of 8 voters
2- Minutes from the last meeting 24 Jan 2017
dF: I move that the following link is the official minutes of record for our previous meeting:
Robert: I second.
dF: minutes approved
1- XLIFF OM
dF: No progress due to XML Prague attendance, we can leave this item for the next meeting.
Robert: I did a basic a draft of JLIFF with some suggestions, however the work is still ongoing (the appliesTo property still not there for instance). Since keys [ids] define a different concept in JSON, they are represented by meta value pairs which can be now validated and is syntactically correct. We have it now in the updated schema and the examples can be validated against it. My suggestions on the following work would be to keep using “fragment” and also to define few default values for some of the properties and fields. Although, the issues around namespaces are unsolved.
dF: We could go around it in JLIFF and define a Core and several metagroups, where the groups with freely created (not predefined) names serve as the generic extensibility mechanism and modules simply are those with predefined names and syntax
Chase: That might work. With metagroup embedded in JLIFF, module namespaces could be represented as keys, but isolation is the disadvantage, on the other hand.
dF: It should at least work for simple modules like FS. But the real test will be express something as complex as SLR.
Chase: Maybe. I think the most valuable modules for us to concentrate is CTR, SLR and MTC.
dF: Since CTR and MTC use Core fields, they might be easier than SLR. Overall, a generic metacontainer for anything extended from Core could work. But it’s important to remember that modules, as standardized extensions, must be distinguished from generic extensions.
Robert: I think some more examples would help us to clear the way.
Chase: I agree, the next step is to use modules in examples, maybe the GLS. Phil and I have some ongoing discussion from the implementation perspective with the current focus on iterate core content and examining if they can handle polymorphism (segments and ignorables). We’re trying to streamline them to get rid of nested objects and also to have the result more JSON-like. I will report to the TC on our collaboration.
dF: Thank you all for the great progress and work. You can also have the conversations on the mailing list and have them thus captured on the persistent archive. Overall, we're definitely in the right direction. WRT the last issue of this topic, are we happy with the JLIFF acronym to be expanded as JSON Localization Interchange *Fragment* Format?
Chase: I think we should consider use cases here. I feel like it would be equally likely for fragment data to be passed within one or multiple units. On the other hand, we have a very limited metadata available at file level. It is more of a branding question and I am fine with it.
dF: We should consider both use case and logic of the inheritance in the data model. JSON would not represent the entire spectrum of use cases (like sending hundresds or hundreds of thousands of DITA topics in one big XLIFF file) and our main purpose is to represent unit. So, if no objections, it’s approved.
3- TBX Mapping
dF: We just had a meeting with James before the TC meeting and did some progress on the mapping. We will continue our meetings regularly on the meeting day and keep reporting to the TC. I will be printing just in time for the meeting.
C. Other Topics
1- Date of next meeting
dF: If it is fine with everyone, we will hold our next meeting on Feb 28th 2017. I was in contact with Patrik and he might be able to return from his LOA shortly.
[short discussion if the time of the meeting could move earlier as of April to accommodate Patrik, this didn't seem to work for Chase]
dF: GALA TAPICC - officially launched last week under BSD 3-clause and CC-BY 2.0
Chase: I am interested in it and they need information and material from us WRT JLIFF and OM. Should I approach Klaus Fleischmann proactively?
dF: WRT TBX Steering Committee / ISO TC37/SC3, the first darft international standard is submitted now. The ISO publication probably to be expected in late 2017.
dF: Thanks to Chet the XLIFF 2.1 CSPRD02 launched on 10th February and will end by 25th February.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.1/csprd02/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd02.htmlv). You can review how each of the 20 issues of the 1st review resolved (https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/XLIFF-14?jql=project%20%3D%20XLIFF%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Closed%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC). You can also subscribe to the comment list (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=xliff) and send comments even if you’re not a member. You also may follow the CTR discussion (https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/XLIFF-4)
dF: Last week at XML Prague we announced the XLIFF 2.1 csprd02 and also mentioned the OMOS work on OM and JLIFF.
dF: We are considering to hold the next XLIFF Symposium in Barcelona in June or Silicon Vally in Nov. XLIFF TC members more inclined to the November event.
Chase, Robert: It would also be better and easier for us and American-based people to attend the one in November.
dF: also more comfortable wrt timing, so let's shoot for Nov Silicon Valley.
dF: If nothing to add, the meeting is adjourned. I hope to see you all in Silicon Valley in November and talk to you again on 28th Feb.
Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: OASIS XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
BEGIN:VCALENDAR CALSCALE:GREGORIAN METHOD:REQUEST VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE BEGIN:VTIMEZONE TZID:Europe/Lisbon BEGIN:STANDARD DTSTART:20001029T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10 TZNAME:WET TZOFFSETFROM:+0100 TZOFFSETTO:+0000 END:STANDARD BEGIN:DAYLIGHT DTSTART:20000326T010000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3 TZNAME:WEST TZOFFSETFROM:+0000 TZOFFSETTO:+0100 END:DAYLIGHT END:VTIMEZONE BEGIN:VEVENT STATUS:CONFIRMED TRANSP:OPAQUE DTSTAMP:20170227T104804Z DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20170214T170000 DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20170214T180000 SEQUENCE:6 SUMMARY:2nd Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference (Conferen ce Call) LOCATION:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/mem bers/action_item.php?action_item_id=3822 LAST-MODIFIED:20170227T104804Z ORGANIZER:email@example.com ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=GROUP:MAILTO:firstname.lastname@example.org DESCRIPTION:See the private action item for dial in details\n\nhttps://w ww.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/members/acti on_item.php?action_item_id=3822\n\nAgenda: A. Admin\n\n1- Ro ll call\n\n8 voters\n\n5 needed for quorum\n\n2- Minutes fro m the last meeting\, 24 Jan 2017 \n\nhttps://www.oasis-open. org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201702/msg0 0000.html\n\n \n\nB. Material\n\n1- XLIFF OM\n\nmodularity a nd extensions\n\n \n\n2- JLIFF\n\n- Decision on how to " \;officially"\; expand JLIFF\n\nJSON Loclization Interch ange *Fragment* Format\n\n- Modularity and extensibility exp ressed in JSON\n\n - Idea from last time: use the mda met hod for all modules and extensions\n\n \n\n3- TBX Mapping\n\ nContinue work on SVN: https://tools.oasis-open.org/version- control/browse/wsvn/xliff-omos/trunk/XLIFF-TBX/xliff-tbx-10. xml\n\nLink to latest Editors'\; Draft of TBX mapping: ht tps://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff -omos/trunk/XLIFF-TBX/xliff-tbx-v1.0.pdf\n\nAI James and dF to schedule 1:1 editorial call for follow-up. / PENDING\n\n C. Other Topics\n\n1- Date of next meeting?\n\n\n Normally o n Feb 28\, 2017.\n Robert can only attend from 5:15 GMT or s o\, this conflict until April or so\n Happy to accommodate R obert\, we can start JLIFF stuff after Robert joins each tim e..\n\n\n2- Liaisons\n\nGALA TAPICC - officially launched la st week BSD 3 clause and CC-BY 2.0\n\nhttps://www.gala-globa l.org/sites/default/files/GALA%20TAPICC%20Project%20Charter. pdf\n\n- dF connected Chase with Klaus Fleischmann (collecti ng metadata) ?? status\n\ndF/James: TBX Steering Committee / ISO TC37/SC3 =>\; Expect next TBX IS version in late 2017 \n\ndF/Yves: XLIFF TC - XLIFF 2.1 CSPRD02 launched on 10th F ebruary\, will end by 25th February\n\nhttps://www.oasis-ope n.org/news/announcements/public-review-for-xliff-v2-1-ends-f ebruary-24th\n\nhttp://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/ v2.1/csprd02/xliff-core-v2.1-csprd02.html\n\nYou can review how each of the 20 1st public issues resolved\n\nhttps://iss ues.oasis-open.org/browse/XLIFF-14?jql=project%20%3D%20XLIFF %20AND%20status%20%3D%20Closed%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DES C\n\nDo subscribe to the comment list https://www.oasis-open .org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=xliff\n\nif you '\;re not a member of the XLIFF TC you can only comment t hrough the comment list (if you have a subscription)\n\nYou may follow the CTR discussion here https://issues.oasis-open .org/browse/XLIFF-4\n\n \n\n3- Promotion\n\nXML Prague last week\, we announced the XLIFF 2.1 csprd02 and also mentioned the OMOS work on OM and JLIFF\n\n \n\n4- AOB\n\n \nGroup: O ASIS XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS ) TC\nCreator: Dr. David Filip URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/event.php?event_id=41702 UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/event.php?event_id=41702 BEGIN:VALARM ACTION:DISPLAY DESCRIPTION:REMINDER TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT00H15M00S END:VALARM END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR