xliff-omos message

Subject: RE: [xliff-omos] Source and Target Language properties for Fragment

Hi,

Two comments:

1) "Fragment":

It’s probably a bit late to react to this, but I had no time before to really follow the discussion.

The term “fragment” which, looking at https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-omos-jliff/blob/master/JLIFF-schema-draft/jliff-schema-0.9.3.json designates the XLIFF <file>, seems very misleading to me.

For me (and maybe it’s just me) a fragment is something small, one of the low-level objects of a model. If we don't want to keep the term "file" (although existing object models like Okapi's and Microsoft's Oms use it) maybe something like "resource" or "set" or something of that effect would be better.

2) source/target

> I think it would be good for fragment to have source and target
> language properties so they can be set once for the whole fragment.

Just to be sure we are on the same page: We all are in agreement that there is no 'inheritance' in JLIFF, right?
So setting them at the top-level object would means setting the values the same in the units as well.

Cheers,
-yves

I think it would be good for fragment to have source and target language properties so they can be set once for the whole fragment.

Phil Ritchie
Chief Technology Officer

Vistatec

Vistatec House, 700 South Circular Road,
Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland.
Tel:
+353 1 416 8000

Direct: