xliff-omos message

Subject: Re: [xliff-omos] JLIFF and Metadata

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:

--- There is an option id field for metadata, so we cannot do this:

"metadata" : [ { "category" : "document_xml_attribute", …

We have to have something like:

"metadata" : { "groups" : [ { "category" : "document_xml_attribute", …

Unfortunately, you are correct.  The XLIFF spec doesn't even explain why this @id exists!  Ugh.

--- There is nothing in the XLIFF specification that says a meta@type has a unique value within a metaGroup.

So, I’m not sure we can do this:

"meta": [ { "version" : "3" }, { "phase": "draft" }, …

as "version" and "phase" may exist several times in the same group.

I know, there is little chance it would be the case in practice. Do we want to chance this?

I think the answer here needs to be coordinated both with the OM and probably with the regular TC as well.  As written, you're right that JLIFF is taking a risk.  I think this also gets at the point you were making in your other email about working entirely from XLIFF as opposed to working through an OM.

--- Should not "meta" be "metas"?

It does look weird, but maybe consistency is worth that?

I don't have a strong opinion.

However, I do have a question about whether the way nested metagroups are working caused you any problems.  For example (from jliff-example3-0.9.3.json) --

      "metadata" : [
        {
          "category": "document",
          "appliesTo": "source",