xliff-omos message

Subject: RE: [xliff-omos] Content of source/target

Hi all,

One comment on the source/target language:

Ø  For source/target language, this goes back to our discussion on during the March 28 call regarding inheritance.  During that call David was expressing concern about the possibility of multiple source/target languages being expressed in a single unit, and was trying to think through the markup needed to prevent that.

I believe the allowance is there for the matches, where <source> and <target> could be in languages different from the document’s source and target. For example, offering French Canadian matches when translating into French, or Simplified Chinese when going to Traditional, etc.

So any different xml;lang case should be occurring only in the Translation Candidates module.

I’m not sure this was a great choice to re-use the core <source> and <target> in that module, but that is what we have now.

I think the <source> and <target> element in the resources module are in a different namespace.

Cheers,

-yves