Subject: Modified: 4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference
Event Title: 4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference
Date: Tuesday, 22 May 2018, 05:00pm to 06:00pm WEST
See the private action item for dial in details
1- Roll call
? out of 5 voters
aprove minutes from 24th April 2018
1- XLIFF OM
OM wiki needs aligned with current JLIFF structure as per 0.9.7
Consensus on boolean vs a yes/no enumeration restated:
Stick with yes/no enumeration becuase boolean default is false, while XLIFF defaults are yes.
ACTION ITEM: [pending]
David-> Email the working list about keeping yes|no strings (according to the discussion today) and hearing Phil’s perspective as well as others.
Express all XLIFF 2.1 and 2.0 modules in JLIFF schema. Have 2.1 and 2.0 branches
Robert seeked gudance on ITS module, given on 24th April
Previous Consensus: restated
We agreed to work on 2.1 branch first and only then fork the 2.0
DON'T reference the context file [for core and module] from schema or instances. This is tied via the spec [driven by version number] but not the instances, to prevent hammering of the context file.
Do we need to use a different separator for modules? underscore "_"?
Extensions always need to declare or reference their context inline.
AI Robert [DONE], implement meeting consenus for extension points. Extension data needs to start with context. Each extension will be one object. Try to allow them only where they're allowed in XLIFF
reviewed "element" extension points implemented as has map rather than an array in the latest commit https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-omos-jliff/commit/85e7c3e0e8d88539df5b2eb7519d6735f84256e9
Don't use external context for extensions.
All extension context must be stated inline to avoid parsing external context files..
We also agreed that having a dedicated extension container is more validation friendly than just allowing additional properties on the root structure..
-Continue discussing pros and cons of the extensionsData approach
compare with XML and consider going back and forth between XML and JSON.
3- TBX Mapping
TBX-Basic mapping is in order, almost done on TBXInfo
Update from James?
C- Other Topics
Also Phil JLIFF library open sourcing was announced in the GALA week
GALA TAPICC needs to work on launching JLIFF based Track 2
Will probably launch by end of June
1- Date of next meeting
12th June 2018
2- Looking for a new secretary. Contact dF
Attending: 2 of 5 voters
David: Provenance Record is a standoff element. Localisation issues is an array of issues, and provenance array is an array of records. It looks big, but it is fairly simple.
David: 5.9.8 and 5.9.9 ITS should be out of scope for JLIFF. 5.9.7 will have a partial overlap so needs to be done. We can skip 126.96.36.199
JLIFF ITS Progress file contents:
David: 188.8.131.52 You need to allow xml:lang inline on <sm>
Owner: Dr. David Filip
Group: OASIS XLIFF Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
BEGIN:VCALENDAR CALSCALE:GREGORIAN METHOD:REQUEST VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE BEGIN:VTIMEZONE TZID:Europe/Lisbon BEGIN:STANDARD DTSTART:20001029T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10 TZNAME:WET TZOFFSETFROM:+0100 TZOFFSETTO:+0000 END:STANDARD BEGIN:DAYLIGHT DTSTART:20000326T010000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3 TZNAME:WEST TZOFFSETFROM:+0000 TZOFFSETTO:+0100 END:DAYLIGHT END:VTIMEZONE BEGIN:VEVENT STATUS:CONFIRMED TRANSP:OPAQUE DTSTAMP:20180522T172630Z DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20180522T170000 DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=Europe/Lisbon:20180522T180000 SEQUENCE:15 SUMMARY:4th Tuesday - Regular XLIFF OMOS TC telecenference LOCATION:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/mem bers/action_item.php?action_item_id=3822 LAST-MODIFIED:20180522T172630Z ORGANIZER:firstname.lastname@example.org ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=GROUP:MAILTO:email@example.com DESCRIPTION:See the private action item for dial in details\n\nhttps://w ww.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/members/acti on_item.php?action_item_id=3822\n\nAgenda: A. Admin\n\n1- Ro ll call\n\n? out of 5 voters\n\naprove minutes from 24th Apr il 2018\n\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xli ff-omos/email/archives/201805/msg00003.html\n\n \n\nB. Mater ial\n\n1- XLIFF OM\n\nOM wiki needs aligned with current JLI FF structure as per 0.9.7\n\nhttps://github.com/oasis-tcs/xl iff-omos-om/wiki\n\n \n\n2- JLIFF\n\n(https://github.com/oas is-tcs/xliff-omos-jliff)\n\nConsensus on boolean vs a yes/no enumeration restated:\n\nStick with yes/no enumeration becu ase boolean default is false\, while XLIFF defaults are yes. \n\nACTION ITEM: [pending]\n\nDavid->\; Email the working list about keeping yes|no strings (according to the discuss ion today) and hearing Phil&rsquo\;s perspective as well as others.\n\n \n\nAI Robert\n\nExpress all XLIFF 2.1 and 2.0 m odules in JLIFF schema. Have 2.1 and 2.0 branches\n\n*[Revie w progress]*\n\nRobert seeked gudance on ITS module\, given on 24th April\n\nPrevious Consensus: restated\n\nWe agreed t o work on 2.1 branch first and only then fork the 2.0\n\nDON '\;T reference the context file [for core and module] fro m schema or instances. This is tied via the spec [driven by version number] but not the instances\, to prevent hammering of the context file.\n\nDo we need to use a different separ ator for modules? underscore "\;_"\;?\n\nExtensions always need to declare or reference their context inline.\n\ nAI Robert [DONE]\, implement meeting consenus for extension points. Extension data needs to start with context. Each ex tension will be one object. Try to allow them only where the y'\;re allowed in XLIFF\n\nreviewed "\;element"\; extension points implemented as has map rather than an arra y in the latest commit https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-om os-jliff/commit/85e7c3e0e8d88539df5b2eb7519d6735f84256e9\n\n Consensus restated::\n\nDon'\;t use external context for extensions.\n\nAll extension context must be stated inline t o avoid parsing external context files..\n\nWe also agreed t hat having a dedicated extension container is more validatio n friendly than just allowing additional properties on the r oot structure..\n\n-Continue discussing pros and cons of the extensionsData approach\n\ncompare with XML and consider go ing back and forth between XML and JSON.\n\n \n\n3- TBX Mapp ing\n\nTBX-Basic mapping is in order\, almost done on TBXInf o\n\nUpdate from James?\n\nC- Other Topics\n\n \n\n3- Promot ion\n\nAlso Phil JLIFF library open sourcing was announced i n the GALA week \n\nhttps://twitter.com/VistatecGlobal/statu s/974538466565373952\n\nhttps://twitter.com/merzbauer/status /974288543093854208\n\nGALA TAPICC needs to work on launchin g JLIFF based Track 2\n\nWill probably launch by end of June \n\n4- AOB\n\n1- Date of next meeting\n\n12th June 2018\n\n2 - Looking for a new secretary. Contact dF\nGroup: OASIS XLIF F Object Model and Other Serializations (XLIFF OMOS) TC\nCre ator: Dr. David Filip URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/event.php?event_id=41684 UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/event.php?event_id=41684 BEGIN:VALARM ACTION:DISPLAY DESCRIPTION:REMINDER TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT00H15M00S END:VALARM END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR