xliff-omos message

Subject: Re: [xliff-omos] locQualityIssue id

Phil, Robert,Â

I just quickly checked the JSON schema and the id seems to be missing on its_locQualityIssuesÂ

To clarify, in XLIFF the id is on the locQualityIssues element, the parent of locQualityIssue. So also in JLIFF the id should be on the wrapper array rather then the individual issue.

The wrapper logic is slightly different on this one than other modules, where the top level wrapper is unique and id-less. You are expected to reference the plural wrapper that has all issues related to the given span. And of course you can create any number (because they are id-ed) of these wrappers/arrays corresponding to different spans.
We cannot change this logic in JLIFF, this is a limitation (feature not a bug ;-)) that comes to XLIFF from W3C ITS.

Please also note that the ITS module uses xml:id (a globally unique NCName) which is more restrictive than xliff:id (an NmToken with custom uniqueness scopes)..
@Robert van Engelen I know you have a regex for NmToken, but you should also introduce an NCName equivalent regex for the ITS ids.
Please also check that the same kind of id is present on provenanceRecords

Cheers and thanks
dFÂ

Dr. David Filip
Convenor, JTC 1/SC 42/WG 3 Trustworthiness of AI | National mirror chair, NSAI TC 02/SC 18 AI | Head of the Irish national delegation, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 42 AI | Chair & Editor, OASIS XLIFF OMOS TCÂ | Secretary & Lead Editor, OASIS XLIFF TC | NSAI expert to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 38 Cloud Computing, ISO TC 37/SC 3 Terminology management, SC 4 Language resources, SC 5 Language technology
Moravia Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122