xliff-promotion message

Subject: <group> overloaded in XLIFF 1.2

Hi Yves,
when I was referring to the overload of <group> in 1.2 spec
I had this attribute in mind
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/v1.2/os/xliff-core.html#merged-trans

This is also what IN! are using for merging <trans-unit>s if segmentation does not fit.

So if one of the uses of group is for merging trans-units, they cannot be blamed IMHO if they choose to use it with this semantics only. Group is an optional element that is potentially recursive but no guidance and/or processing requirements are given in the 1.2 spec, so they should be fine I guess in using it for just merging management..

Rgds
dF

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW MOBILE CONTACT!

David Filip, Ph.D.